FEW’s membership reflects women, from every area of professional life, who have experienced similar challenges, opportunities and achievements.
Members of FEW play important roles in shaping the destiny of Central Florida. They actively serve on boards and commissions of many charitable and cultural organizations, private and public universities and local chambers of commerce.
A guest cannot attend more than three meetings in a twelve month period. If the guest wants to attend more meetings, the guest should become a member. If a guest has attended three meetings and submitted an application for membership, the guest may attend one additional luncheon in order to allow the Membership Committee time for processing and the Board time for review of the application.
Membership is open to persons qualifying under the following criteria:
- Experienced top executive or decision maker who holds a decision-making, management, partnership and/or ownership position in at least one of the following:
- Corporate Executive: Staff or line management responsibility at the senior level or above.
- Business Owner: Owns a controlling interest in, and has a full-time commitment to, a business with substantial business and community visibility
- Professional: Licensed and/or degreed to practice in stated profession and holds a decision-making management or partnership position within the firm, e.g., an architect, CPA, dentist, educator, engineer, lawyer, physician, psychologist, etc.
- A person holding a public office or political appointment
- Business and community leader as demonstrated by involvement on boards, commissions, professional associations and/or in recognized community organizations
- Earns a minimum of $70,000 annually
- Is able to attend at least two FEW meetings prior to membership application and is sponsored by two current FEW members
To become a FEW Member, complete and return the membership application found here. Please be sure to indicate the two FEW meetings you have attended, as well as the two FEW members acting as your sponsors.
“Women have always been courageous… They are always fearless when protecting their children and in the last century they have been fearless in the fight for their rights.”
– Isabel Allende